Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ups and Downs

I've really been neglecting this blog!

The week after my last post I finally flew to New York. The following week I extended my stay by a week.

I've had good days and bad days. I've been more conscious of including the daily practices that helped me bring my numbers down in May. I'm still tired, and I'm having intermittent sinus and digestive problems. But enough of that!

I spent a lot of time with my great-nephew last Wednesday. He had left a homework project until the last day, so we worked on it together. He entered his narrative on my sister's computer while I found and cropped some photos on mine. He called his mom to ask her to find two particular photos and have them ready when he got home. I think it came out pretty well!

I've been spending more time in a particular sub-forum of Scrap Share. It's a smaller group, very close-knit, very supportive and caring. We've all be dealing with adversity of one kind or another, lately: job loss, illness, bereavement, moving. It's been really good for me.

It's raining in New York. Not only that...the temperature has dropped. It's 55F right now, at 11am. We call that winter!

I'm excited about a new computer tool, but I'll put that in its own post.

No comments: