Sunday, September 23, 2007

Two weeks?!!

How could I have not posted for two weeks?

Actually, I have a pretty good idea. I mentioned the auto accident a month ago. I mentioned the plumbing issues two weeks ago. I didn't mention that dealing with the plumbing reminded my body that it wasn't happy after the accident. The day that I last posted my left arm was starting to get sore. By Sunday it was extemely painful. Instead of going to the opening of the Tempe Center for the Arts, which was why my sister visited when she did, I took painkillers and went to bed. I wrapped a large heating pad around my upper arm. It made things much worse, but at least I was then able to identify the focus of the problem. I switched to ice.

By Monday it was basically unusable. Moving my upper arm away from my body caused excrutiating pain, which made dressing lots of fun. Also Monday the industrial strength fans were removed. (see Splish Splash) That seemed to be a turning point in dealing with my arm. I hadn't realized how much stress I was putting on my left arm clamboring over the fan each time I wanted to use the bathroom.

My arm improved very gradually over the next few days. Driving really aggravated the pain, so my sister spent her vacation driving me around, doing my housework and watching me sleep. I didn't spend much time on the computer.

My sister left early Saturday morning, Sept. 15. I had a very busy day on Monday, culminating in my first Mindfulness Meditation class. That deserves its own entry. Since then I've pretty much spent my time eating, sleeping and reading.

Two weeks.

No comments: