Sunday, July 6, 2008

Red, white and blue


Ok. This isn't the most flattering picture ever taken of me. Let's call it, "Before." (Before what? That's a different post.)

After shooting and posting fireworks photos I wanted to try my new camera out in some other settings. I went to our city government complex, where there are trees and buildings and sky, and I could experiment with objects at various distances from the camera, without actually exerting myself much.

This camera has a delay function but not a remote control. To shoot this photo I had to press the shutter release, then run in front of the camera, try to remember where to stand and pose. This is the best of the batch.

I should, perhaps, mention that it was a sunny day, but I was standing in shadow to avoid squinting.

My photos of other things came out better.

No comments: