Friday, August 1, 2008

Follow up: rescheduling my birthday

I was wildly, insanely optimistic when I thought that I would take in a Diamondbacks game the day after the remodel, and hike a Native American petroglyph site the next.

I spent the first two nights after the remodel at a friend's house. When I returned home to stay I happened to glance at the calendar on my refrigerator. Because it is a scrapbook page I write brief notes in the squares in pencil, as a reminder, then ink the details in once the month is done. It took me several seconds to figure out that "Deer?" meant that I had planned to be hiking in Glendale that evening. It didn't happen!

There are a couple more twilight hikes at the Deer Valley Rock Art Center this season, and a few more Family Friday games at Chase Field. Maybe I'll try for a Rockies game in September.

No comments: