Friday, June 20, 2008

Not what I had in mind.



I was so close....

Although it may take a very long time for me to figure how I want things organized, once I figure that out, I want to complete the project and enjoy the benefits, whether that's moving my kitchen appliances, swapping furniture between rooms or, in this case, reorganizing my TV, VCR, etc., so that I can have music in my office and watch exercise videos in my wellness room.

I recently figured out which components I needed in each room, and how to arrange them using the existing furniture. I needed to add one shelf to the entertainment center, for the VCR. On Thursday evening I found a shelf that sort-of works at Linens 'n' Things. I was eager to get the project done: I had a friend coming over to watch a video on Saturday, and I wanted my music back.

I couldn't do it. I got this far Thursday night and had to stop. I was too tired to start reconnecting the home theater.

Instead of having all of my components working, and my office looking better, I had nothing working, and my office more torn up than ever.

Sigh.

(Wes: I'm sorry. I appreciate your work, but last month I hadn't figured out that I needed to move the VCR.)

No comments: