Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No more produce baskets? Sigh.

I've recently realized that I may have to give up even trying to participate in Bountiful Baskets produce co-op.

For the six months that I was traveling the dates just didn't work out, except during July, when my kitchen was ripped out. When I returned in November I was eagerly looking forward to resuming my participation. I was bitterly disappointed to log on on Nov. 20 and discover that they had already sold out the capacity for that weekend's hostess supplement baskets.

By the following week I had begun to have a sense that I shouldn't participate, but no clear understanding of the reason. Now I know.

My primary goal right now is finding a "new normal," that combination of routines, activity, rest, eating, exercise, etc. that will allow me to be as productive as possible while managing my health and avoiding the crash-and-burn syndrome. I'm very much afraid that bringing home two laundry baskets of fresh produce contributes to the latter.

No comments: