Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm home!

I had another very positive experience. The inpatient chemo went very well. I received one drug that they chose not to give me while I hospitalized, because I was so sick. They administered that one very slowly, in case I reacted badly, but it was fine.

I was discharged to the outpatient unit where I got the shot I needed. I found it a bit unsettling that there was a long list of possible side effects that would require calling 911. It's been about 12 hours, though, and I seem to be fine.

I was home by noon.

I'm very tired. I had to remind myself that I may become more tired this week, as all of my blood counts plummet.

Purell is my friend. I'm neutropenic now -- not enough neutrophils -- and am vulnerable to infection. I picked up my planner and thought, I had that with me outside ... I touched it when I wasn't worried about infection ... it's on the floor.

The apartment is full of things that I last touched when I wasn't worrying about bacteria.

The Purell is within arm's reach.

No comments: