Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kitchen re-org


Apparently I didn't blog here about my kitchen re-organization last month. I thought I had.

Although I have been very happy with the small appliances I've bought in the last six months, my counters were getting a little crowded. I only had one outlet that I could really use, so I had to keep shifting things around, plugging and unplugging. I use my new rice cooker so often that it really needs to stay out, but my mixer, food processor and Vita-Mix were already on that counter, which wasn't that big to begin with.

Sometime late last month I reached a breaking point. I cleared everthing off the kitchen counters, one at a time. I scrubbed them thoroughly. I replaced the ant bait.

I bought grounded multi-tap adapters so that I could stop the plugging and unplugging. With those I was able to move the Vita-Mix to a different counter. I moved a utility cart from my workroom to the kitchen, making my crockpots and kitchen scales accessible instead of stashed in the back of a 24" deep island. I moved my stand mixer, which I don't use often, making room for the rice cooker and vacuum sealer.

I was immediately much happier in my kitchen, and began cooking more.

All of that is preparatory to today's (12/12) entry.

No comments: