Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why?

I just noticed the following entry from mid-February on my other blog. It's copied from a reply I posted for another member of Spark People. It's worth repeating:
Why lose weight? You're absolutely right. There is no reason to lose weight -- after all, it's just an abstract number on a scale. Instead, why don't you choose life, health, abundance?

I choose healthy foods because I want the strength and energy to live each of my days. I choose life because I value my friends and loved ones and want to spend as much time as possible with them. I choose both health and life because I have been blessed by the love and service of others and wish to be able to pass it on.
If you focus on lifestyle choices that support health and life you will be enriched, and one day you'll discover that the weight has taken care of itself.

Now, I just have to remember this myself!

No comments: