Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's guaranteed! (Automatic Shower Cleaner)

Update: the product is "The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner" by S. C. Johnson.

It's guaranteed. It says so on the box.

A bathroom "tool" was introduced a couple of years ago that promises to clean your shower or tub for you. It promises not only to clean them, but to eliminate soap scum, mold and mildew, even if you start with the fixtures dirty.

I looked at them when they were introduced and decided that, while the idea was appealing, the refills were overpriced. I also doubted that I could install the appliance along with my hand-held shower unit, which I am unwilling to give up.

Tonight I saw them on sale, and bought one. What changed? A plumbing disaster last fall.

I haven't cleaned the back shower since my neighbor's kitchen garbage backed up into it last fall. I cleaned the floors. The apartment management had the carpets cleaned. My sister washed the towels that we used to sop up the mess. I washed the tub into which we threw them as they became soaked. I cleaned the sinks where we washed up.

But I haven't dealt with the shower itself. I threw out the damaged blanket and quietly closed the door. And kept it closed.

Other things simply had higher priority. A lot of other things. It's been a tough winter. The fatigue and distraction are insidious. I'm doing better now, but I'm still tired, and there's so much lost ground to recover....

I just looked in the shower a day or so ago. And closed the door again.

But the appliance is guaranteed. If you use it daily for 14 to 21 days, the shower will be clean, even if you start with it dirty. It says so on the box.

We'll see.

3 comments:

~*~Dani~*~ said...

I am so glad you felt well enough to catch us up on the latest. I have been worried about you.

I will be interested to know more about this bathroom cleaning tool and how it works. Being chronically ill, I am always looking for ways to simplify household chores so that I can stay on top of them and actually physically do them. Hang in there! Love ya lots!

AzLady2 said...

Before I can install and start testing the shower cleaner I need to take the rest of the flotsam out. I just picked up another produce co-op share, so it won't be today.

~*~Dani~*~ said...

May I tell you again how jealous I am of the co-op you are in? We have nothing like that here.

May I tell you also how much you inspire me? You have such a great attitude and so much strength and courage and determination. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into sharing these tender pieces of your life with us.

{{Hugs}}

~Dani