Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just the headlines...

I haven't been keeping up my blog. I'm tired, and have stuff that urgently needs my attention, but I don't want to leave you all in the dark.

So here are the headlines:
  • My sister and I had a good visit.
  • The apartment makeover has been postponed until late April or May.
  • I've decided to apply for the position teaching Cooking for Life classes for The Cancer Project.
  • I've started the telephone Healthy Living coaching program offered in conjunction with my fitness club membership, courtesy of my Medicare HMO. My second session is tomorrow.
  • I'm making progress at home slowly.
  • I've resumed giving things away by freecycling them. www.freecycle.org
Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you are teaching the coaches that help people make healthy lifestyle choices how to coach them?

AzLady2 said...

No. It means that I are receiving weekly coaching calls.

Although I know how I should eat, and what other things I should do to improve my fitness and my immune strength, I have not been consistent in applying that knowledge.

The fitness program added as a benefit to my Medicare HMO benefits on January 1 includes the optional telephone coaching program. I haven't been doing what I need to do on my own, so I signed up for coaching. It gives me another human being, an uninterested third party, to whom I am accountable. Not uninterested, as much as un-invested.

So far, so good.

AzLady2 said...

I can't believe that I just typed "I are..." but I don't see a way to edit my comment!