Sunday, October 21, 2007

My new avatar, and why I changed it.

In my new avatar I'm not just on vacation, I'm on vacation in the Yucatan, exploring pre-Columbian archeology / anthropology sites.
That is a goal I've had for several years: to take a Western Caribbean cruise that focuses on the Pre-Columbian history and accomplishments of the area. (Olmecs, Toltecs, Mayans. Yucatan, Veracruz, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize.)
That goal is my "carrot" when my motivation to exercise wanes. It would be pretty pointless to spend the money if I didn't have the stamina to explore the sites, or had to rest for two or three days after every shore excursion.
After being diagnosed with leukemia I wondered whether I would ever be able to make the trip. Leukemia impairs my immune system; I didn't know whether my doctor would give permission.
She did, last week. She actively encouraged me.

1 comment:

~*~Dani~*~ said...

That is great and very hopeful news. I am so excited for you. I look forward to posts and pics about your adventures! *GRIN* Make sure to kidnap a cutie for me . . .well, ok . . .getting me a great recipe would work, too. *LAUGH*