Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mysterious Ways

I wrote about the loss of my personal CD player. Not lost, actually, like my really good Sony that was stolen two years ago. Just non-functional.

I saw an ad for a 512 MB MP3 player. Now...MP3 players have seemed like nice toys, but I haven't really been interested in owning one. The price was excellent, however, and I've really been missing listening to the Book of Mormon. When I checked the reviews for the unit in question they were uniformly positive. In fact, they were exceptional.

This particular player accepts an SD flash media card, expanding the capacity to (a maximum of) 2.5 GB. That also offers the potential to copy the Book of Mormon to SD cards permanently, instead of having to copy the section I want to read to the player every few days.

There was a 1GB SD card, from a manufacturer that I trust, on sale for $10. By using Google checkout for the first time, however, I received a $10 credit on my purchase. Shipping was free on both items; they didn't charge sales tax on the purchase.

Bottom line? For approximately the cost of replacing my CD player ($17) I will have a highly-rated MP3 player with removable storage.

God does indeed move in mysterious ways.

(edited to correct capacity)

No comments: