Thursday, October 25, 2007

My new lunchbox! / Flickr!

I finally bought myself a Laptop Lunch system.

I've wanted one for about a year, but until I started making so many trips to Phoenix I couldn't justify the cost.

I've been going to The Wellness Community once or more each week since I discovered them in September, and I seem to either arrive or leave during rush hour. It makes sense to wait out the traffic, and it makes more sense to take a meal or a snack to avoid the tempation of the neighborhood restaurants.

Today I shared my new toy with some friends. I mentioned to them that there is an entire subculture which posts photos of their laptop lunches on Flickr. Follow the link and enter "laptop lunch" in the search box.

There's a lot more to Flickr than meets the eye. Members have the option of adding notes to specific portions of their photos when they upload them. Many of the people who upload Laptop Lunch photos use the feature to describe their meals in detail. It's fascinating to me to see the variety of foods, even the shape of the foods! I saw some meals in which the two smaller containers were left out to make room for a burrito or a tamale.

No comments: