Tuesday, May 6, 2008

All in all, a good day's work.

I've spent most of the last 12 hours working towards having my computer put back together, in one way or another.

So far, so good. My new USB hub is not only working, it is attached to my cart with Velcro. It has enough ports for all of my toys, which I've never had before. I can easily reach the ports for my mp3 player and headset.

My laser printer and scanner are working. That's necessary for me to complete the mystery shop that I rescheduled from today to tomorrow. (At that point I couldn't print the questionnaire.) My Palm cradle, photo card reader and cable modem are working.

My headset is only half-working. It records ok, but the sound is coming through the laptop speakers instead of the headset. That's workable, but some voice-overs that I'm recording would be a lot easier if it worked correctly.

I haven't installed my external hard drive or inkjet printer. I don't expect any problems with the hard drive. The inkjet wasn't working anyway; I discovered a conflict on the port last week.

I did not expect to spend three days on this, but I'm happy with the result.

Update, 5/7: My headset now works. Oddly, but it works. I can connect this headset using either the audio ports on my laptop or via a USB adapter. For some reason I need to run the input through the adapter but the output directly.

No comments: