Thursday, May 8, 2008

The end result...


I am very happy with the final result of my friends' and my efforts in my home in the past week.

I finished re-cabling the computer yesterday. I can reach my peripherals more easily than before, my external hard drive is in an out-of-the-way corner where it's safe, my wires are neat, my headset works, and ... I have ports for all of my USB toys!

I continue to be thrilled with having my music back. I truly had not realized how much I was missing, and how much I was missing it.

I may leave the TV where it is. Although I originally moved it because NCIS was starting and I didn't have time to troubleshoot my cable, it's working rather nicely.

Although I feel better than I did yesterday, I'm still sick. I'm tired. Really tired. I realized how tired when I looked in the pantry and decided I was too tired to cook quinoa for dinner. (You bring water to a boil, add the quinoa, stir, remove from heat and wait seven minutes.) Instead I ate some almonds and a slice of whole wheat bread.

I had scheduled two mystery shops for this afternoon, then pushed them off until evening. Now they can wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Daniella Nicole said...

Love the photo of the setup! It looks very streamlined and organized. Great job!

{{Gentle Hugs}}

~Dani

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the music. Because of the neighbour we had at our old home, we hadn't even used our stereo for a good 2 years or more before we moved. It was such a feeling of freedom to switch it on for the first time!!

Your work area looks outstanding!

Seething jealousy from someone with a laptop on the dining table and papers piled in various parts of the house!!lol!