Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nick, pt. 2 (fan)

The bolt didn't break, it fell out. The fan is still broken.

The hollow piece that I thought was the connector is actually just a sleeve. I found the bolt on the floor. It fits through the sleeve on the fan housing and into a socket on the stand.

Well, it would, if I could make all the pieces line up and still turn the bolt. I had it lined up a couple of times, but couldn't turn the bolt without messing up the alignment.

The pieces are all plastic except the bolt and socket. I'm afraid that I'll cause more damage if I keep messing with it. Of course, I'm also afraid that I'm causing more damage by allowing it to stand with the heaviest piece attached only by a thin piece of plastic that wasn't intended to support it.

And this is the only fan that we didn't disassemble and clean last month. Every time I work on it I send a shower of dust onto the base, the carpet and myself.

I may move it into the kitchen, on the tile, lay it down and try to align the pieces without fighting gravity.

If I have any extra time in the next few days. Right.

No comments: