Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yes, I'm in New York.

I've been in New York for the last ten days helping my sister.

It's been a good visit. This is where I grew up, and I've been back only 11 days in the last 20 years; that was for a wedding and a funeral.

I've enjoyed visiting with my sister. I've enjoyed seeing the Island, noticing what's changed and what's stayed the same. We briefly went out to the bay (near the ocean) and plan to go back to visit the Flight 700 International Memorial, which we passed. I've been making a list of places I'd like to photograph when we have a free day when the weather's nice.

The night I arrived my great-nephew had a concert; we went straight from the airport. (That's why it took so long.) I enjoyed the concert, and visiting with him afterwards.

I've been tired, but I'm tired at home, too. It's no reason not to travel.

We haven't made as much progress on our project as I had hoped. We made a plan after I had been here a couple of days, but I wasn't satisfied with the way it was working, so Friday we had a meeting, discussed what was working and what wasn't, and made a new plan. It's going better now.

No comments: