Monday, May 5, 2008

Back online!

I'm back online, after being incommunicado for 48+ hours.

On Saturday friends moved some furniture for me within and between two rooms. My PC cart was one of the pieces that got moved; I needed to re-cable it and make some adjustments for the new layout. Right now I've connected just the laptop and the modem; I'll have to take it down again to connect the printers, external hard drive, card reader, audio, etc.

I was immediately very happy with the results. I'm grateful and glad that I went ahead with the changes. Right up until they arrived I was considering chickening out. It seemed like so much work, and for a short benefit, if I move in July.

Then I turned my stereo on. Ahhh! When I moved into this apartment I put the home theater in the living room. Sounds reasonable, but...my living room was designed as the master bedroom, and is directly below the master bedroom of my upstairs neighbors. I've ended up listening to my CDs on a boom box in the office while my lovely home theater sat neglected in the corner. It now sits in a corner that lets the sound fill the apartment without annoying the neighbors. Well, they haven't complained yet, anyway. I hadn't realized just how much I missed my music. Saturday afternoon I was dancing in my office. Literally.

My friends recabled the computer after they moved it, but today I tore it all apart. Completely. Right down to removing the shelves from the cart so that I could thoroughly clean it. (Yes, Connie, I wore a dust mask!) As I'm putting it back together I'm labeling the cables and transformers, as well as the outlets. No more lying on the floor asking, "Is this the cord? This one?"

Because I moved some of the peripherals in relation to the docking station I need to make some additional changes. I may end up putting the hutch on the computer cart, which I've resisted.

But yesterday I was able to rearrange the art on the walls, as a result of the furniture changes. I've very happy with the way that turned out.

I'd better end this here. I've read my email, and checked my blogs, and checked in on SparkPeople. I need to connect the rest of my equipment in order to complete and report a mystery shop tomorrow. Gasoline, not fast food.

No comments: