Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Clearing up the confusion

Apparently I was so upbeat and positive when I reported on my last appointment with my oncologist that I completely obscured the primary message.

I said:
. I expected my numbers to be worse.
. I was right.
. I didn't expect them to be so much worse.
. In that context, not being anemic was the bright side.

I did not say:
. My white cell count increased more than 50% in just the last three months.
. It is now three times what it was when I was diagnosed.
. My current numbers would apparently be sufficient to justify chemo if I didn't feel as good as I do.
. If I don't reverse the deterioration within the next three months I will be looking at chemo regardless of how I feel.

Coincidentally, that is the same time frame for either significantly increasing my income or moving. (My lease is up ten days after my oncology appointment.)

Not a good combination....

No comments: