Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm sick. Part 2

I didn't go back to bed.

I knew that it would be easier to enter my mystery shopping report if I finished putting my computer back together. I didn't really decided to do it all today until I was almost done; I just kept doing "one more thing."

The cables and transformers are labeled. The external hard drive is working. I haven't tried the inkjet printer. It wasn't working before, and I don't need any more frustration today.

More important to my peace of mind, the furniture is where it belongs. I didn't want to push the computer cart against the wall until I finished messing with cables.

My throat feels better. I've continued to push fluids.

And I've continued to bask in the sound from my stereo. Ahhh....

2 comments:

~*~Dani~*~ said...

I think that 'one more thing' thing is something I do, too. Its a way of just taking one step at a time and only pushing ourselves to do that one thing. Then if we still feel good, we can maybe do 'one more thing', until we either get the whole job done, or know we need to stop and rest.

Its a skill I think many could benefit from, but I didn't learn how to do until necessity from being chronically ill forced me to adapt. They say necessity is the mother of all invention . . .I would add that it is the mother of all adaptation, too. lol.

You are a wise woman, and I enjoy the thoughts, motivations, and example that you share with us all. My thoughts and prayers are with you, as always. Love ya!


{{Gentle Hugs while holding my breath so I don't get sick, too . . .lol}} ~Dani

AzLady2 said...

You've given me more credit than I deserve. I didn't feel good; I should have gone to bed. It was the other "just one more thing," the "I just want to finish this ...."

I'm tired today, and I'm going to bed.

Thank you for your constant support.