Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

I started this post, then deleted it, now I'm starting again.

This will be more of a stub than an entry, though, just enough to let you know that my outlook isn't totally bleak.

There was a lunar eclipse yesterday morning, from about 1:45 to 5:15 am, MST. Viewing was great in the southwestern USA, and we had clear skies.

I waffled. I wanted to photograph it. I knew I needed sleep. It's been so long since I did any nature photography. I've been terribly tired. I wanted to see it. I had a mystery shop to complete, and a meeting Tuesday evening. There was housework that needed to be done.

So I decided against it. Then, after it started, I went outside to look, and I couldn't stand it. I took off for points south, trying to find someplace from which to photograph the event that was free of ambient light without being so remote as to be dangerous, and close enough that I could catch part of the beginning of the eclipse, even though I didn't leave the apartment until 20 minutes after it started.

At least some of my photos came out well, well enough that I'm considering matting some of them together in a single frame.

No comments: