Wednesday, August 8, 2007

On the other hand....

I found a side table on freecycle that I wanted for my Wellness Room. Since moving the new recliner in there I had realized there was no place to put a cold drink, the remote control, etc.

I was chosen and was supposed to pick the table up on my way home from the church this afternoon. Since I didn't stay at the church I was too early, then I got distracted. By the time I went to get it I was about two hours later than planned.

All to the good. The woman's husband arrived as the two of us were trying to figure out how to get it into my trunk. He lifted it in. The trunk wouldn't close but the bungee cord from my cart held the table in place.

When I returned home two neighbors -- whom I don't know -- asked if I needed help. They got it onto the cart, I got it into the house.

If I had been there when I planned I might not have had help available.

No comments: