Friday, August 24, 2007

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

And sometimes that's a good thing.

I was in a (very minor) auto accident this evening. (Friday) Four college-aged kids rear-ended me at a traffic signal and drove off as soon as the light changed.

The car looks fine, as much as I can tell in the dark. Apparently the new bumper design worked. (And it was another sedan, not an SUV.)

My body, unfortunately, is OEM equipment, and has already been through a few too many traumas. I hurt all over, but not enough to let the officer call for paramedics.

I think the shock just aggravated my old injuries, rather than causing any new ones. My Corolla has good head supports, and the bump just wasn't that hard. If I weren't already prone to muscle spasms I'd probably be fine.

On a positive note, I didn't get a root beer float at Wendy's, although it occurred to me. I didn't get a root beer float at Sonic. I did, however, get Pirates of the Caribbean colored bath fizzies, and a trial sized lavender scented combination shower gel and lotion.

I'm off to take a long, hot, bath.

No comments: