Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Success!


Update: I finally just left the screwdriver alone all night, instead of trying it every hour. When I got up Thursday morning it was charged, and I installed the shelf.

Well, progress, at any rate.

I've started making some changes at home in support of my wellness plan. One of the items is hanging a shelf in my kitchen for my spice racks.

I bought a shelf and standards when I first moved in, but I really wanted to avoid the appearance of the supports, as well as the number of holes in my (rented) walls.

Saturday I found a different kind of support that won't show when the shelf is up. I marked the holes, then discovered that I had forgotten to buy wall anchors. Last night I bought those; today I went to drill the pilot holes.

My cordless screwdriver needed to be charged. No surprise there, but I kept trying it with no reaction whatsoever. None. It seemed dead.

I just tried again. It made a little noise, and turned slowly. V-e-r-y slowly. But it's not dead. There's still hope.

Earlier today I chopped off a shower curtain liner and hung it from a spring tension rod in my bedroom window. I'm more sensitive to light "issues" than most, but the amount of light in my bedroom at night would cause problems for most people. With the blinds close it is almost as bright as full moon-light, due to the security lighting, and the way the vertical blinds were installed.

Light-blocking curtains cost $25+; I was walking through Target Saturday and saw the shower curtain liner. "Hmmm," I thought. The liner, rings and rod cost less than $6 all together. Tonight I'll see how much improvement there is.

No comments: