Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CaringBridge

This is a reminder that I also post on CaringBridge. This site offers seriously ill patients and their families a way to communicate with loved ones without having to make a billion phone calls everytime something happens. Unlike this blog, CaringBridge is specifically designed for the purpose; it offers a journal where I -- or my designee -- can post updates, musings, etc., a guestbook where visitors can sign in and leave messages and a means to automatically create a hard-copy book of the contents, at any time, as a remembrance. It hosts a photo gallery, links to sites that I wish to share, hospital information for visiting.

The features are similar to CarePages, where I also have a page. I learned about CaringBridge when an online friend developed leukemia a year after I did. I prefer the site, and now post updates there exclusively. I'm still in the process of transferring posts from my CaringBridge site.

You will need to know the name of my page. It's flohunt.

No comments: