Sunday, January 25, 2009

Look out, world!

My oncologist's partner visited me this morning. He isn't releasing me today, but thought it a good possibility she will tomorrow. When I reminded him that my friend is available to pick me up tomorrow, but not Tuesday, he laughed.

The internist told me later that there is a note on my chart, "May go home Monday."

Remember those red blood cells we were waiting for? For two days? And I said that Heavenly Father knew what I needed and when I needed it? The blood arrived at 4 am today, nearly 48 hours after it was ordered. The blood blank protested the transfusion; they felt my red cell count was too high. They woke me up at 5 am to make me read out loud to a witness a statement about criteria. They called the oncologist on call, too.

When my blood was drawn later my red cell count had gone up on its own.

Flo

No comments: