Saturday, January 24, 2009

Status check

Morning all!

1) I may disappear from cyberspace abruptly.

Heavenly Father provided this laptop for my use when I really needed it. I've accomplished what I most needed, I've made arrangements with my friends to take me home, I've done a little business...I'm ready to let it go when another patient needs it. That could happen at any time, theoretically.

2) That would leave me with just my camera and my own laptop. :)

I did some good digi-scrapping last weekend, but haven't touched my own computer since getting wi-fi. I have a lot of ideas I want to play with. Since I'm feeling confident that things are in order for my discharge, I've finished formal PT and OT, I'm expecting only one more appointment this weekend, other than routine medical checks...I can play!

Oh...and my red cells are down a little, and I'm getting a transfusion today. Sitting in a chair, or my bed, playing on my laptop, sounds real good.

3) medical status

My lymphocytes are down around where they were when I was diagnosed!!!
My red cells are down a little more, but I'm getting a "top off" transfusion today, to see me through until the next chemo cycle.
My neutrophils, the ones that protect me, are still low. My doctors would rather not discharge me until they return to normal. The partner who is seeing me this weekend won't; my own doctor, when she returns on Monday, has the option.

I'll be getting a transfusion today if the blood ever comes through.

My pre-existing auto-immune disorders make it very difficult to find blood for me. The first batch took a few hours. The second batch took about 12 hours. This batch has so far taken more than 24 hours, and it's still not here.

4) Summary

After talking with my doctor and nurse today, I now expect to be discharged on Monday. That is not set in stone, but it feels right.

Thank you, all!

Flo

No comments: