Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quick update

Hi!

I have responded very, very well to treatment. Unfortunately, the treatment has wreaked havoc with my body and with my other health problems. I can't seem to keep red blood cells alive for more than a couple of days. Until that changes, we can't set a release date.

This has actually been a very positive experience for me. (Obviously, I haven't seen the bills yet!) I have been greatly blessed, and I appreciate those blessings.

It is clear that I was inspired in some of the decisions and purchases I made in the days right before my admission. They have been invaluable. I was protected when I drove myself to my doctor, on Camelback, on a Friday afternoon, thinking I had a sinus infection, when in fact my hemoglobin was unmeasurable on her equipment. These are just a few examples, but I am deeply grateful.

I moved to a new room, again, Tuesday evening. I don't know the room number or the phone number, but the operator can find me. Oh, wait...it's 1239.

Flo

No comments: